RMS Remote SFTP
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Remote SFTP section located in the RMS Connect menu. It allows using SFTP protocol to connect directly to devices that are plugged into Teltonika Networks equipment.
Add new remote[edit | edit source]
To add a new remote device go to Left sidebar panel (RMS Connect → Remote SFTP) and click on Remote SFTP.
Move your mouse pointer to the Remote menu and select Add new remote (Remote → Add new remote).
- In the new window, click on the Add new remote.
- You will get two options Auto and Manual. Choose the preferred one. The paragraphs below will explain the differences.
Auto Scan[edit | edit source]
- While on the Auto Scan tab, select a device from the drop-down list.
- The list of the accessible ports will be displayed.
- Select the IP, then the SFTP port, and click Add. (Optionally you can change the name).
You will get a success message.
A newly created Remote SFTP connection will appear on the screen.
Manual[edit | edit source]
- If the Manual tab is selected you must know all the connection details.
- Begin by entering the name for the SFTP connection.
- Enter the IP address for your end device.
- Then set the SFTP port, the default one is 22.
- Finally, pick your RMS-connected device and to finish, click the ADD button.
- We now have manually created a Remote SFTP connection.
Connecting to Remote SFTP[edit | edit source]
- To connect, click on the name of the connection or anywhere on the general highlighted area.
- Clicking the connection name open will the direct link generation window.
- And clicking on the general highlighted area will open a window with the complete SFTP connection information.
- You can specify the preferred connection duration. RMS will create a sharable connection link.
- Enter the authentication information.
- Connected. You can perform various operations with the files and folders.