Cervello Stem Configuration
Cervello Stem is a cloud-based, real-time IoT management platform that's also compatible with Teltonika-Networks devices.
This article contains step-by-step instructions on how to set up a Cervello Stem server and register a Teltonika-Networks device on it.
Basic setup consists of:
- Creating a Cervello account
- Creating a Cervello project
- Configuring Cervello on a Teltonika-Networks device
- Registering the device on your Cervello Stem platform
Create an account
- Register an account on Cervello Stem platform.
- Wait a few minutes after the registration, open your email account and look for an email with the subject 'Cervello Account Activation'. Open it and click 'Verify your email address'.
- Upon a successful login you should be redirected to the Cervello Stem sign up page.
Create a project
There are 4 steps for adding a project:
- 1.Assign project
- 2.Create Team to be assigned to the project
- 3.Invite users or choose existing users
- 4.Add device to the project(Provisioning)
Step 1: Assign Project
- 1.Add project Name
- 2. Click Next
Step 2: Create Team
- 1. You can Create a new Team.
- 2. You can choose from existing teams.
Step 3: Add Devices
- 1. You can upload a csv that contains the devices details to be provisioned.
- 2. Then click on “Add Device to add the provisioned devices.
- 3. Or you can click “Skip and go to project” to start using the project
Create single project
To start adding devices and control it, navigate to “Inventory” by following the steps:
- 1.Click on “Inventory” from the left navigation bar.
- 2.Click on “Devices” tab.
- 3.Click on “New Device”.
Step 1: Add Single Device:
- 1. Click on “Create Single Device” from the device’sdrawer menu
Step 2: Add Device Details
- 1. Initials Details
- 1. Enter device Name (Mandatory)
- 2. Add Device Group (Optional)
- 3. Select “Device Type”
- 4. Select “Manufacturer” (Optional)
- 5. Add Device Identifier (Mandatory if manufacturer selected)
- 6. Add Description (Optional)
Step 3: Add Device Configuration Details
- 1. Select Communication Protocol
- 2. Select Connection Media
- 3. Click on “Add Device” button.
The device has been successfully added
Create bulk devices
Steps for adding bulk devices
- 1. Click on “Create Device”
- 2. Select “Create Template”
- 1.Template Initial Details
- 1.1.Add Template Name
- 1.2.Add Tags (Optional)
- 1.3.Add Prefix to be used for the added devices (Optional)
- 1.4.Select Devices type
- 1.5.Select Communication protocol
- 2. Add Template attributes
- 2.1. Add Attribute name
- 2.2. Select “data Type” (String, Number or Boolean)
- 2.3. Add Attribute Value
- 3. Add Command
- 3.1. Add Command name
- 3.2. Add Command
- 3.3. Select the keys “Data Types” and “Type”.
- 3.4. Click on “Add Command” button.
- 4.Finally Click on “Add Template”.
- Steps for adding bulk device from the template
- 1. Click on “New Device”
- 2. Click on “Choose Template”
- Configure Template
- 1. Select the number of devices to be added.
- 2. Choose the template from the listed templates.
- 3. Click on “Confirm”.
Page | 25Finally, the Devices will be added and listed at “Devices” page.
Send telemetry for a device
- Step 3: Test MQTT connection with created Device using MQTTBoxMQTT Client tool
- 1. Click on “Create MQTT Client”
- 2. Configure MQTT Client: