How to set up a USB modem
From Teltonika Networks Wiki
Introduction[edit | edit source]
This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to set up an additional WAN connection by connecting a USB modem to the USB port of a RUT955 router.
Prerequisites[edit | edit source]
What you need:
- A RUT955 router running FW version RUT9XX_R_00.03.906 or newer (FW downloads)
- A USB modem. List of supported USB modems:
- Huawei MS2131i-8
Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Connect the modem to your RUT955 router's USB port.
- Enter the router's WebUI and go to the Network → Mobile → USB Modem page. Configure the modem in accordance with your needs:
- Once you have finished configuring the modem settings, go to the Network → WAN page and set the Modem to act as the Main WAN or WAN Failover connection and Save the settings:
- Once all of the above is complete, you will have successfully configured an additional Internet connection via the USB modem