RMS Files: Config files
The Config files section located in the Files menu tab can be used to upload configuration (a.k.a. backup) files to RMS. You can upload a maximum of 10 config files. This section of the RMS user manual provides an overview on the functions of the Config files section.
Uploading config filesEdit
To upload a config file go to the RMS web page, Left sidebar panel, Files tab and click on Configuration submenu.
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the Top control Files menu (Files → Add new).
- Click Add file button, select the config file that you wish to add from your computer.
- (Optional) you can enter a short description for your file.
- Click Upload if successful your file will appear in the top of the Configuration table.
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification in green text: File uploaded.
Download config fileEdit
There are several ways you can download the router's configuration. Both options listed below.
From routers WebUIEdit
- To upload a config file, you must first obtain one by downloading it from the router's WebUI or if that router is added to RMS, you can download it from there.
- From router's WebUI. Navigate to System → Administration → Backup and download the backup file:
- Go to the homepage of RMS - https://rms.teltonika.lt.
- Place a check mark next to the device whose configuration you want to download.
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the Top control Export menu (Export → Backup).
- Click Download to get the configuration file.
You can also select multiple devices to download multiple configurations at the same time.
Example backup file: backup_9000000019_2019-06-13_11_52_05.tar.gz
Deleting config filesEdit
- To remove a config file(s) go to the RMS web page, Left sidebar panel, Files tab and click on Configuration submenu.
- Select configuration(s) that you wish to remove (you can remove multiple configs at once).
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the Top control Files menu (Files → Remove).
- You will be prompted with a confirmation pop-up. Click "Yes" if you wish to remove the selected config(s).
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification in green text: File deleted. The removed configuration(s) will no longer be visible in the Configuration table.