Template:Dnv gl description
DNV GL is an international accredited registrar and classification society headquartered in Høvik, Norway.
The company provides services for several industries including maritime, renewable energy, oil & gas, electrification, food & beverage and healthcare. It was created in 2013 as a result of a merger between two leading organizations in the field - Det Norske Veritas (Norway) and Germanischer Lloyd (Germany).
DNV GL is organised into five business areas:
- DNV GL - Maritime: Classification, verification, risk-management, training and technical advisory to the maritime industry on safety, enhanced performance, fuel efficiency, etc. As a classification society, DNV GL sets standards for ships and offshore structures - known as Class Rules. They comprise safety, reliability and environmental requirements that vessels and other offshore mobile structures in international waters must comply with. DNV GL is authorized by 130 maritime administrations to perform certification or verification on their behalf.
- DNV GL - Oil & Gas: Technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry, services in technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management and offshore classification. DNV GL works with upstream oil and gas companies to identify and control risk, improve safety and performance, and assure reliability of a project’s development and operation. The company develops industry standards and best practices through joint industry projects (JIPs), bringing together a number of industry players to address specific technical challenges. As an example, about 65% of the world’s offshore pipelines are designed and installed to DNV GL’s technical standards.
- DNV GL - Energy: Counselling, testing, and certification services to the global energy sector, including: renewable energy, emissions, energy efficiency, power production, transfer, and distribution. DNV GL operates the world’s largest high power and voltage test laboratory, working as an independent, accredited certifier of electricity transmission & distribution components. DNV GL is also the leading independent advisor and certifier to the renewable industry, notably within wind energy. Its services include wind turbine type certification, design consultancy, energy yield assessments, site assessments, permitting, solar plants and turbine design, wind and solar forecasting, and front-end engineering. In addition, DNV GL’s energy arm has advisory services in energy efficiency, renewable integration, clean conventional power generation, renewable plant operations improvement services, transmission and distribution grids, energy storage, measurements and cyber security.
- DNV GL - Business Assurance: Certification, assessment, training/education services that support customer products, processes, and organizations over a wide spectrum of fields. DNV GL is an accredited certification body. They certify the compliance of companies according to a third party standard, such as ISO 9001 (quality management system) or ISO 14001 (environmental management system). DNV GL has issued management system certificates to more than 70,000 companies across all industry sectors and is an accredited certifier in 80 countries. They also provides accreditation and clinical excellence certifications to American hospitals
- DNV GL - Digital Solutions: A provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.