This article contains instructions on how to configure Thingsboard.io platform and connect a Teltonika-Networks devices.
The goal of this tutorial is to demonstrate the basic usage of the most popular ThingsBoard features which helps monitor Teltonika-Networks devices.First, you need to login into the platform. Next, you will see an overview window, scroll down to Device managment section or simply click on the Device group in the navigation menu.
1. Click on one of the marked in red buttons in the Device groups overview page. In this page you can also add additional device groups in order to distinguish different devices with unique data flows.
2. Click marked "+" buttons to add new device to the group.
1. In the pop up window set name for your device.
2. Configure your device's Access token(Optional)
1. Enable Add credentials option.
2. Set desirable Access token. Note: In this section, you can also configure MQTT credentials, just by choosing different Credentials type value.
3. Click Add button to save changes.
Configuring data source
Different data streams can be selected depending on the device's supported functionality's. In this example we will be using Modbus TCP slave with native Modbus TCP master functionality.
1. First, change WEBUI mode from basic to advanced.
2. Go to Services → Modbus TCP slave page.
3. Enable Modbus TCP slave.
4. Go to Modbus TCP master page and add new slave device.
5. Configure Modbus TCP master's slave device as shown below to return device's uptime value.
Configuring data to server
After configuring the data source, you can add a data sender configuration. Data sender functionality is located Services → Data to server. You can add data sender by clicking Add button.
1. Set name for the Data sender.
2. Set desirable name for your data variable. Make sure that your chosen parameter is shown below JSON format field.
3. Paste connection string with your own Access token.
4. Add value to Custom header.
Adding widget to the dashboard
The collected data can be displayed using various a widgets. To create one you should be able to see gathered data in the Latest telemetry section. To access it you should follow these steps:
1. Click on the configured device.
2. From the pop-up menu select Latest telemetry option. There you should see collected data.
In order to display data in the widget you should:
1. Click on the gathered data row.
2. Press Show on widget button.
1. Choose bundle accordingly to your data.
2. Choose suitable chart for your data visualization.
3. Add widget to dashboard.
1. Create new dashboard.
2. With this option enabled after addition you will be redirected to newly created dashboard
3. Adds widget to dashboard.