Ironwifi.com Hotspot Configuration on RutOS firmware
This chapter is a guide on configuring ironwifi.com provider hotspot instance on RUTX routers. This setup is also applicable to RUT series devices.
Step 1: ironwifi.com configuration
First, go to console.ironwifi.com/login and log into your account. If you don't have a registered account then you will need to create one - click Open Account.
After clicking Open Account you will be redirected to register page. Enter you account information and click Submit. To complete registration go to your email inbox.
Set Up new radius server
In the opened window click Networks.
Then - New Network and you will be prompted to create a new network.
Enter your desired network name can click Create.
Click on your created network.
You will be taken to a window where all detailed Radius server information will be displayed.
Add Wifi Guest Accounts
Open Users tab and create New User for your WiFi.
Type Username and click Create User.
Click on your user.
To set a password click on the Password.
All created users is displayed under Users tab.
Step 2: Router configuration
If you're having trouble finding any page or some of the parameters described here on your device's WebUI, you should turn on "Advanced WebUI" mode. You can do that by clicking the "Basic" button under "Mode," which is located at the top-right corner of the WebUI.
Creating wireless access point
If you have already set up your wireless access point - skip this step.
- Login to your router's WebUI. You can do this by entering the router's LAN IP address (192.168.1.1 by default) into the URL field of your web browser.
- Go to the Network → Wireless page.
- Click 'Add' to create a new Wireless Access Point. Depending on your needs, choose a 2.4 GHz (1) or 5 GHz (2) Access Point.
Edit your new Access Point as below:
- Check Enable;
- Mode - Access Point;
- ESSID - Your desired Extended Service Set Identifier name;
- Network - Choose the network you want to attach to this wireless interface or fill out the create field to define a new network.
Navigate to Wireless Security tab and choose your
- Encryption method
Set up hotspot
Navigate to Services → Hotspot and add a new Hotspot Instance. To do so, find the Add New Instance section and select your Wireless AP in the interface list, then press Add.
In the General tab do the following steps:
- Check Enable;
- Authentication mode - Radius.
Then go to Radius tab and enter the Radius server configuration details from ironwifi:
- RADIUS Servers - 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199;
- Authentication port - 22035;
- Accounting port - 22036;
- NAS Identifier - 22035;
- Radius secret key - aG7ilh2QgAHR6exu;
- Save & Apply.
Test your Hotspot
Try connecting to your router using computer or mobile phone.
- Select the newly created hotspot;
- After successful connection visit any website and you will be redirected to hotspot login page. Type your username and password;
- Click Login;
- You should see a message Authorization Successful;