This Wiki page contains the online version of the Quick Start Guide (QSG) for the RUT951 LTE Router. Here you will find an overview of the various components on the front and back of a RUT951 device, hardware installation instructions, first login information, device specifications, and general safety information. It is highly recommended to acquaint yourself with the Quick Start Guide before using the device. You can also locate a printed version of the Quick Start Guide in the packaging box of your device.
Before starting operating the device, please review recommendations and precautions to minimize the possibility of accidents. Safety precautions presented are supplementary and subject to the local safety regulations. When various operations are executed on the device, the user must fully follow the safety instructions and recommendations provided with the device.
|RF technologies||2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi|
|Max RF power||33 dBm@GSM, 24 dBm@WCDMA, 23 dBm@LTE, 20 dBm@WiFi|
|Bundled accessories speciﬁcations*|
|Power adapter||Input: 0.45A@100-240 VAC, Output: 9 VDC, 1A, 4-pin plug|
|Mobile antenna||698~960/1710~2690 MHz, 50 Ω, VSWR<3, gain** 4 dBi, omnidirectional, SMA male connector|
|WiFi antenna||2400~2500 MHz, 50Ω, VSWR<2.5, gain** 5dBi, omnidirectional, RP-SMA male connector|
* Order code dependant.
** Higher gain antenna can be connected to compensate for cable attenuation when a cable is used. The user is responsible for the compliance with the legal regulations.
RUT951 router must be used in compliance with any and all applicable national and international laws and with any special restrictions regulating the utilization of the communication module in prescribed applications and environments.
CE Declaration of Conformity
|[BG] Bulgarian||С настоящето, TELTONIKA NETWORKS декларира, че RUT951 е в съответствие със съществените изисквания и другитеприложими разпоредби на Директива 2014/53/EU|
|[HR] Croatian||Ovim TELTONIKA NETWORKS izjavljuje da je ovaj RUT951 u skladu s bitnim zahtjevima i ostalim relevantnim odredbama Direktive 2014/53/EU|
|[CZ] Czech||TELTONIKA NETWORKS tímto prohlašuje, že RUT951 splňuje základní požadavky a všechna příslušná ustanoveni Směrnice 2014/53/EU|
|[DK] Danish||Undertegnede TELTONIKA NETWORKS erklærer herved, at følgende udstyr RUT951 overholder de væsentlige krav og øvrige relevante krav i direktiv 2014/53/EU|
|[NL] Dutch||Hierbij verklaart TELTONIKA NETWORKS dat het toestel I RUT951 in overeenstemming is met de essentiële eisen en de andere relevante bepalingen van richtlijn 2014/53/EU|
|[EE] Estonian||Käesolevaga kinnitab TELTONIKA NETWORKS seadme RUT951 vastavust direktiivi 2014/53/EU põhinõuetele ja nimetatud direktiivist tulenevatele teistele asjakohastele sätetele|
|[FI] Finish||TELTONIKA NETWORKS vakuuttaa täten että RUT951 tyyppinen laite on direktiivin 2014/53/EU oleellisten vaatimusten ja sitä koskevien direktiivin muiden ehtojen mukainen|
|[FR] French||TELTONIKA NETWORKS déclare que cette RUT951 est conforme aux exigences essentielles et aux autres dispositions pertinentes de la directive 2014/53/EU|
|[DE] German||Hiermit erklärt TELTONIKA NETWORKS, dass dieser RUT951 den grundlegenden Anforderungen und anderen relevanten Bestimmungen der Richtlinie 2014/53/EU entspricht|
|[GR] Greek||ΜΕ ΤΗΝ ΠΑΡΟΥΣΑ Ο ΚΑΤΑΣΚΕΥΑΣΤΗΣ TELTONIKA NETWORKS ΔΗΛΩΝΕΙ ΟΤΙ RUT951 ΣΥΜΜΟΡΦΩΝΕΤΑΙ ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΣ ΟΥΣΙΩΔΕΙΣ ΑΠΑΙΤΗΣΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣ ΛΟΙΠΕΣ ΣΧΕΤΙΚΕΣ ΔΙΑΤΑΞΕΙΣ ΤΗΣ ΟΔΗΓΙΑΣ 2014/53/EU|
|[HU] Hungarian||A TELTONIKA NETWORKS ezzennel kijelenti, hogy a RUT951 típusú berendezés teljesíti az alapvető követelményeket és más 2014/53/EU irányelvben meghatározott vonatkozó rendelkezéseket|
|[IE] Irish||Leis seo, dearbhaíonn TELTONIKA NETWORKS go gcomhlíonann an RUT951 seo bunriachtanais agus forálacha ábhartha eile Threoir 2014/53/EU|
|[IT] Italian||Con la presente, TELTONIKA NETWORKS dichiara che questo RUT951 è conforme ai requisiti essenziali e ad altre disposizioni pertinenti della Direttiva 2014/53/EU|
|[LV] Latvian||Ar šo TELTONIKA NETWORKS deklarē, ka RUT951 atbilst Direktīvas 2014/53/EU būtiskajām prasībām un citiem ar to saistītajiem noteikumiem|
|[LT] Lithuanian||Šiuo dokumentu UAB TELTONIKA NETWORKS deklaruoja, kad šis RUT951 atitinka esminius reikalavimus ir kitas 2014/53/EU Direktyvos nuostatas|
|[MT] Maltese||Hawnhekk, TELTONIKA NETWORKS tiddikjara li dan l-RUT951 huwa konformi mar-rekwiżiti essenzjali u dispożizzjonijiet rilevanti oħra tad Direttiva 2014/53/EU|
|[NO] Norwegian||TELTONIKA NETWORKS Erklærer herved at RUT951 er i samsvar med de grunnleggende krav og øvrige relevante krav i direktiv 2014/53/EU|
|[PL] Polish||Niniejszym TELTONIKA NETWORKS deklaruje że RUT951 jest zgodny z zasadniczymi wymaganiami i innymi właściwymi postanowieniami Dyrektywy 2014/53/EU|
|[PT] Portuguese||Eu, TELTONIKA NETWORKS declaro que o RUT951 cumpre os requisitos essenciais e outras provisões relevantes da Directiva 2014/53/EU|
|[RO] Romanian||Prin prezenta, TELTONIKA NETWORKS declară că aparatul RUT951 este în conformitate cu cerinţele esenţiale şi cu alte prevederi pertinente ale Directivei 2014/53/EU|
|[SK] Slovak||Spoločnosť TELTONIKA NETWORKS týmto vyhlasuje, že smerovač RUT951 je v súlade so základnými požiadavkami a ďalšími príslušnými ustanoveniami smernice 2014/53/EU|
|[SI] Slovenian||TELTONIKA NETWORKS izjavlja, da je ta RUT951 v skladu z bistvenimi zahtevami in drugimi relevantnimi določili direktive 2014/53/EU|
|[ES] Spanish||Por la presente, TELTONIKA NETWORKS declara que este RUT951 cumple con los requisitos esenciales y otras exigencias relevantes de la Directiva 2014/53/EU|
|[SE] Swedish||Härmed intygar TELTONIKA NETWORKS att denna RUT951 är i överensstämmelse med de väsentliga egenskapskrav och övriga relevanta bestämmelser som framgår av direktiv 2014/53/EU|
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada's license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference;
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
L'émetteur/récepteur exempt de licence contenu dans le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d'Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L'exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
- L'appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage;
- L'appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, mźme si le brouillage est.
Detailed compliance information is available at the following internet address: wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Certificates.
Hereby, TELTONIKA NETWORKS declares that this RUT951 is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT951_CE/RED.
Hereby, TELTONIKA NETWORKS declares that the radio equipment type RUT951 is in compliance with Radio Equipment Regulations 2017. The full text of the UK declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT951_UKCA.
This device meets the official requirements for exposure to radio waves. This device is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio frequency (RF) energy set by authorized agencies. The device must be used with a minimum separation of 20 cm from a person’s body to ensure compliance with RF exposure guidelines. Failure to observe these instructions could result in your RF exposure exceeding the applicable limits.
External antennas used with RUT951 must be installed to provide a distance of at least 20 cm from any people and must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Any external antenna gain must meet RF exposure and maximum radiated output power limits of the applicable rule section.
|Maximum transmission power|
- Operating temperature: -40° to +75° Celsius
- Humidity should be in the range of 10% to 90% (non-condensing). Only use the device in dry environments.
- Out of direct sunlight
- Away from heat source, corrosive substances, salts, and flammable gases
Attention: operation outside the permissible range can considerably shorten the service life of the device.
Faulty and damaged products
- Do not attempt to disassemble the device or its accessories.
- Only qualified personnel must service or repair the device or its accessories.
- If your device or its accessories have been submerged in water punctured or subjected to a severe fall, do not use until they have been checked at an authorized service center.
- Only use approved accessories.
- Do not connect with incompatible products or accessories.
- It is recommended to ground devices with grounding terminals before connecting them to power. Failure to ground appropriately might result in a shock hazard. The cross-sectional area of the protective grounding conductor should be at least 1mm2.
- You alone are responsible for how you use your device and any consequences related to its use.
- Use of your device is subject to safety measures designed to protect users and their environment.
- Always treat your device and its accessories with care and keep it in a clean and dust-free place.
- Do not expose your device or its accessories to open flames, lit tobacco products, liquid, moisture, or high humidity.
- Do not drop, throw or try to bend your device or its accessories.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or aerosols to clean the device or its accessories.
- Do not paint your device or its accessories.
- Do not attempt to disassemble your device (exemptions for devices that require disassembly for SIM insertion) or its accessories: it does not contain any user-serviceable parts. For safety reasons, the equipment should be opened only by qualified personnel.
- Make sure to use ESD personal protective equipment while the equipment is serviced.
- Do not use your device in an enclosed environment where heat dissipation is poor.
- Prolonged use in such space may cause excessive heat and raise ambient temperature, which will lead to the automatic shutdown of your device or the disconnection of the mobile network connection for your safety. To use your device again after such a shutdown, cool it in a well-ventilated place before turning it on.
- Please check all national laws and local regulations for the disposal of electronic products.
- Do not operate the device where ventilation is restricted.
- Do not use or install this product near water to avoid fire or shock hazards.
- Avoid exposing the equipment to rain or damp areas.
- Arrange power and Ethernet cables so that they are not likely to be stepped on or have items placed on them.
- Ensure that the voltage and the rated current of the power source match the device’s requirements. Do not connect the device to an inappropriate power source.
- During a thunderstorm, no operations should be carried out on the device and cables.
- The unit must be powered off where blasting is in progress and explosive atmospheres are present or near medical life support equipment.
- Do not leave your device and its accessories within reach of small children or allow them to play with it. They could hurt themselves or others and could accidentally damage the device. Your device contains small parts with sharp edges that may cause an injury choking hazard.
- Like any wireless device, this device operates using radio signals, which cannot guarantee connection in all conditions. Therefore, you must never rely solely on any wireless device for emergency communications or otherwise use the device in situations where the interruption of data connectivity could lead to death, personal injury, property damage, data, or other loss.
- The device may become warm during regular use.
POWER SOCKET PINOUT
Video Quick Start Guide
Need some help setting up your new Teltonika Networks RUT951 Industrial Cellular Router? Watch our quick start guide video and follow the step by step instructions to easily set up your new router for operation.
Configure your computer (Windows)
|1. Ensure the Wireless network connection is Enabled. Go to Start — Control Panel — Network and Internet — Network and Sharing Center. Click on the Change adapter settings in the left panel, then right-click on Wireless Network Adapter, and select Enable.|
|2. Check if IP and DNS are obtained automatically. Right-click on Wireless Network Adapter and select Properties. Then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties.
3. If not selected, check to obtain an IP address and obtain DNS server address automatically. Click OK.
|4. Connect to a wireless network by right-clicking on Wireless Network Adapter and selecting Connect.|
|5. Choose the wireless network RUT951 **** from the list and click Connect. Enter the WiFi password located on the device's label.|
Login to device
|1. To enter the router's Web interface (WebUI), type http://192.168.1.1 into the URL field of your Internet browser.
2. When prompted for authentication enter the username admin and enter the password located on the device information label/engraving.
|3. After logging in, you must set a new password for security reasons. You will not be able to interact with the router’s WebUI until the default password is changed. The new password must consist of a minimum of 8 characters. Requirements: one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit.
4. Next, the Configuration Wizard will start to help you set up some of the router's main operational parameters.
5. Finally, let's verify the Mobile signal strength. Go to the Status — Network page and pay attention to the Signal Strength indication.
SIM card recommendations
- Before installing the SIM cards, please apply a thin layer of dielectric grease to the SIM card contacts for devices used in environments with high-vibration levels. This will help avoid SIM cards losing touch with the SIM slot and prevent unexpected failures.
- Industrial Grade SIM cards are recommended for devices requiring a long lifespan used in environments with extreme temperatures, corrosive or extra humid climates, or hard-to-reach locations.