The Users tab is located in the Administration section in the left sidebar. It can be used to invite or remove users from your RMS account. This section of the RMS user manual provides an overview of the functions of the Users tab.
- Invite new users, change their roles
- Remove selected users
- Search through existing ones by email, username, company, and roles.
- Additionally, you can change table settings, refresh it.
The Invite button is used to invite new users to manage or view your RMS profile.
Important note: you can only invite users to your company that don't already have an RMS account.
Here in the invitations tab, you can:
- Remove invited users.
- Search through invites by email/company/roles.
- Resend invitations.
- Move your mouse pointer to the + Invite button and click it or go to the Invitations tab and click Invite new user if there are no current invitations.
- You will get a Invite new user pop-up window. All fields are mandatory.
- Enter the Email of the new user, select the Company that user will be able to manage and set the Role. Each role has different user permissions.
- Click Invite button when ready.
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification: Invite sent successfully.
Invited users will receive an email inviting them to join. Should they accept the invitation and register, they will automatically be assigned to the company and role you specify in these fields.
- Role - defines the user's role. Each role has different user rights on RMS. Possible roles:
- Guest - users are used for demonstration purposes. They cannot perform any actions and cannot interact with any device, user or company. Basic guests can only view their company’s information that they are assigned to.
- Advanced Guest - users are used for demonstration purposes. They cannot perform any actions and cannot interact with any device, user or company. Basic guests can only view their company’s information that they are assigned to, as well as any subsidiary company’s, which is below in the company hierarchy.
- End client - can only see and interact with devices and users that belong to their specific company. End clients cannot create subsidiary companies and cannot manually move their company's credits.
- Administrator - have full control over their company devices, users, and any devices/ users that belong to their subsidiary companies. Administrators are able to create new users and subsidiary companies, as well as move credits between created subsidiary companies.
- Then the new user will receive an email. User will have to create a new RMS account.
- Below you will see an example of such email.
- Select users you want to remove.
- A Remove selected users button will appear (no. 2).
- You will get a Remove pop-up window. Click Confirm button to remove the users.
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification text: User removed.
The removed users should longer be visible in the user table.
Roles & Permissions
Roles & Permissions can be found under Users section in left sidebar. Here you can configure various user roles, and their permissions.
- Create new role
- Remove selected role(s)
- Search through existing roles by name or company.
- Edit role's permissions, view all users with this role.
- Additionaly you can change table settings.
Creating new role
To create a new role go to the RMS web page, Administration on the Left sidebar panel, and click on Users.
- Click on a arrow on the blue + INVITE button right of the title Users, and option to create new role will appear.
- You'll be redirected to the "New Role" window.
- In this screen: select a company that will have this role, type in its name, and select the permissions, you'd like your role to have. Additionally, you can type in Description, base permissions on already existing roles
- And finally click on the Create button.
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification: Role created successfully.
Removing a role
- Select roles you'd like to remove
- A Remove selected role(s) button will appear left of search bar, click it.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, confirm it to delete selected roles.