TRB141 Device Recovery Options
This chapter is an overview on various recovery options for a TRB141 device.
Default login information
Using recovery methods resets the device's configuration to its default state. Therefore, you will need to use the default authentication info in order to login to the device. The default login information for TRB141 is provided below:
- Default Address (LAN IP): 192.168.2.1
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: admin01 or random generated password*
Devices with random password
* Certain devices or batches of a device may have a generated password out of the box, instead of admin01. For TRB141 devices, batch from when unique passwords are used is 17
You can find the batch of your device on the Product Labels sticker.
A factory reset returns the device back to its default factory settings, i.e., it deletes all custom configurations. Below you will find various methods of performing a factory reset on TRB141.
Additional note: SIM PIN on the main SIM card is the only user parameter that is kept after a factory reset.
The reset button is located on the back side of the device:
The reset button has two functions:
- Reboot the device. If the reset button is pressed for up to 4 seconds, the device will reboot. Start of the reboot will be indicated by the flashing of all 5 signal strength LEDs together with the green connection status LED.
- Factory reset. If the reset button is pressed for at least 5 seconds (by default), the device will perform a factory reset and reboot. Signal strength LEDs indicate the elapsed time while holding the reset button. When all 5 LEDs light up, it indicates that 5 seconds have passed and the reset button can be released. Start of the factory reset will be indicated by flashing of all 5 signal strength LEDs.
NOTE: the default button hold time value (5 seconds) can be changed in the gateway WebUI, from the System → Administration → General page.
You can also perform a factory reset from the router's WebUI. To do so, login to the router and go to the Backup section found under the System tab (System → Backup → Restore default settings). In the very bottom of the page there's a Restore button that performs a factory reset on click:
You can perform a factory reset via command line by executing the firstboot command. After this you will be asked to confirm the reset. If you're sure, type the letter y and press "Enter" or type the letter n if you wish to cancel the reset.
If you agreed to perform a factory reset, next type in reboot and press "Enter". The router will be reset to it's factory settings and rebooted. The entire sequence of events should look like this:
For firmwares TRB14X_R_00.02.04.1 and newer:
root@Teltonika-TRB141:~# firstboot This will erase all settings and remove any installed packages. Are you sure? [N/y] y /dev/mtdblock5 is mounted as /overlay, only erasing files root@Teltonika-TRB141:~# reboot
For firmwares TRB14X_R_00.02.03.2 and lower:
root@TRB141:~# factory_restore Are you sure (y/n)? y
You can find more information on the command line interface (CLI) here.
If conventional recovery methods do not help, you may need to send the device to warranty for repair. The warranty process is described here.