Mobile Bridge mode troubleshooting
This is a quick guide to help figure out how to properly configure the RUT and computer to obtain an IP address from the ISP when using Bridge mode.
Step by step
To begin configuring Bridge mode:
- Make sure that WAN Failover is turned off and mobile is set as main WAN in the Network → WAN page.
- Make sure that DHCP server is enabled on menu Network → LAN. When RUT is in Bridge mode there are no settings tab for DHCP server on Web UI. You will be unable to manage it. If DHCP server is disabled on RUT, PC will not get IP address from ISP. You should set Static WAN IP address settings on PC to get internet connectivity or LAN IP address to access RUT Web UI.
- Then in the Network → WAN → Mobile Configuration page select Mode: Bridge in the mobile configuration section. You will then see an additional configuration field for entering a MAC address appear. Enter your PC network interface MAC address, use colons to separate digit groups.
- If DHCP server was enabled on RUT, then set your PC to obtain IP address automatically. Go to the Ethernet Settings → Change adapter options → Ethernet NIC properties → Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) → Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Save settings and reboot RUT device.
- Wait about 5min., that RUT fully boots up in Bridge mode, then re-enable PC network interface or reboot your PC.
Note: using Bridge mode will disable most of the router’s other capabilities (NAT, Firewall, DHCP server...) and router will not have internet, will not be accessible through the RMS platform.
If you have configured Bridge mode, you may not be able to access the router. To access RUT Web UI in Bridge mode:
- You'll need to set up a Static IP address from RUT LAN IP addresses range on your PC.
- If still unable to access routers Web UI, you should reboot RUT device.
A quick checking list for checking why bridge mode may not work:
- Check MAC address input on RUT. Is it entered correctly?
- Check APN settings. Try to set “AutoAPN”.
- Check DHCP server. You should enable it, before using Bridge mode. If DHCP server is not enabled on RUT, PC will not get IP address from ISP. You should set Static WAN IP address settings on PC to get internet connectivity or LAN IP address to access RUT Web UI.
- If DHCP server was enabled on RUT, then check is your PC set to obtain IP address automatically?
- Reboot RUT device. Wait about 5min., that router fully boots up in Bridge mode.
- After RUT is booted in Bridge mode, re-enable PC network interface or reboot your PC.